Job Description - Sales and Business Development Manager (0000CJOZ)
Sales and Business Development Manager : 0000CJOZ
To drive the Issuer Services (ISV) business development activities within America through selling ISV’s products and services to both internal and external business introducers. This is to support new international opportunities being originated globally which are to be serviced from the ISV NYC/NJ office.
There is specific emphasis in ensuring the business development role extends to driving the wider Global Banking/CMB collaboration efforts.
Impact on the Business
- Make a leading contribution to achieving ISV America’s overall PBT plan.
- Achieving both individual and wider global ISV 2019 new business development targets.
- Strong collaboration with internal business introducers (PEF, LAF, DCM) to ensure we are effectively positioned to bid on all new business opportunities being originated in the region.
- Grow revenue from our Group client base.
- Initial role to support existing BDM coverage territories with growth towards individual GB/CMB coverage and business growth targets
Customers / Stakeholders
- Investment Bank community & other financial institutions & corporates. In terms of Project Finance/Project Bonds external client base would extend to equity and senior investors, including insurance and pension funds and Sovereign Wealth funds.
- Leverage intermediary relationship contacts, such as law firms and consultancy firms
- All GB/CMB origination teams.
- Financial Institutions & Corporates across most customer groups. Leveraging Group Relationship Managers (&/or equivalents).
Leadership & Teamwork
- This is a self-starter role requiring self-discipline and motivation. Use of own initiative to largely direct and own the agenda around the business development framework.
- Authentic and inspirational leadership (prominence and gravitas) is required in order to positively position the role and the wider global ISV business. Extensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Build on existing, and developing out a wider network.
- Proactive management of own performance in accordance with HSBC’s performance management approach.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external sales channels to increase new business and promote ISV’s services.
- Maintain and develop cross region relationships with other ISV regions.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Strong risk management understanding, with a view of reducing the risk profile of ISV.
- Ad-hoc project or investigative work to provide process and control analysis as requested by senior management.
- Understand the internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business.
- Translate the wider ISV business strategy in to a robust and progressive sales execution strategy including aligning our client coverage model in order to develop and drive ISV business.
- Contribute to ISV Americas team’s new business revenue targets and growth into individual coverage with new business target
- Keep pace with the changing demands as our strategy and products evolve.
- Build and maintain internal and external business contacts to ensure a greater awareness of ISV products and services in the region.
- Developing and maintain detailed ISV product knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of Compliance, Risk and Regulatory requirements.
- Ability to set/develop the strategy, identify new market and product opportunities.
- Maintain and develop strong internal ISV relationships.
- Works with other areas of HSS & the HSBC Group to present a cohesive and coordinated image of both ISV and the HSBC Group with a view to maximising collaboration and cross sell opportunities.
- Acts as a leader & ambassador for ISV & HSBC (both internally and externally). This should include speaking appointments / presentations in public forums, such as industry conferences etc.
- Continually re-assesses the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal, tax and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
- New business proposals to be in line with HSBC policies. Presentations of new deals to the Regional, and where required, Global, Business Acceptance Committees.
- Identify appropriate attendance at Industry Forums and Conferences.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a detailed development plans for key client.
- Responsible for execution of strategy in line with the client coverage model including client planning and calling.
- Responsible for completing new business revenue targets.
- Required to have & maintain a detailed understanding of the International Capital Markets.
- Responsibility for the type of business bought into ISV and will need to demonstrate good judgment, ensuring that the client and their business fits the Bank’s risk requirements (i.e 6th Filter, Reputational Risk, and Sustainability.
- New business proposals to be in line with ISV BAC policies. Presentations of new deals to the regional, and where required, Global, Business Acceptance Committees.
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understand requirement to communicate and escalate issues and act in an appropriate and timely manner as required. Promote appropriate behaviour in others.
- View client actions with business control requirements in mind, to protect business and provide consistency to clients.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
- Previous ISV or related experience would be desirable
- Educated to degree / professional level.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), experienced negotiator with strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and strong business acumen.
- Able to work independently, in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Strong IT skills.
: Commercial Banking
: North America-United States-New York-NEW YORK
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 06-Feb-2019, 00:09:57
: 08-Mar-2019, 12:59:00