Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems as well as implement agreed remedies and preventative measures via root cause analysis. They will assist with specified maintenance procedure for all internal business units with a primary focus on campus and on-site locations and they will manage day to day troubleshooting at the Technology Depot at the Sunrise campus. Other duties include:
- Oversee the delivery of services at the Technology Depot with American Express Technologies team to deliver new services/upgrade existing computer hardware.
- Imaging of laptops and desktops - including Macs
- Focus on asset management, inventory, and data quality as it pertains to computers and associated components
- Assists in the investigation (root cause analysis) and resolution of problems
- Assists or undertakes the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures
- Ensures that service delivery deliverables meet the agreed quality standards of documentation and reporting
- Contributes to continuous service improvement by maintaining best practices and knowledge repositories
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure and end user computing including: networking, telecom, broadband, hardware, software and configuration.
- Strong strategic skills supported by data handling
- Prefer demonstrated experience in imaging & resolving complex technical and commercial issues in a fact based way that produces results quickly and maintains relationships
- Ability to build effective working relationships with the business, Technology, and vendor partner leaders
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of infrastructure platforms, services and Technology processes
- Self-motivated and driven to identify and deliver appropriate solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows10, Mac, Mac O/S, Windows Office Suite & Outlook
- Working knowledge of security tools, imaging, ITSC, etc.
- Working knowledge of connectivity type tools (wireless, Cisco AnyConnect, Citrix)
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related fields or has the equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.