Who Can Apply:This position is open to qualified AHS employees only
This is an administrative position only with no clinical component; therefore this position is only available to current Calgary Zone Medical Staff
1. Coordinate psychiatric clinical services for Inpatient, Consultation-Liaison, Emergency, and Outpatient Services at their designated acute care site.
2. Establish, review, and revise policies, procedures and guidelines relating to patient care.
3. Participate in the strategic and operational planning.
4. Facilitate the implementation of protocols to improve access and flow.
5. Implement and evaluate ongoing and new patient care services within the framework of the mission and philosophy of Alberta Health Services and in conjunction with the University of Calgary, where appropriate.
1. Chair monthly site meetings to discuss matters pertinent to the site, as well as monthly leadership meetings within the Calgary Sector.
2. In collaboration with the Clinical Medical Directors, establish and periodically update any policies and procedures relating to the operation of the Section consistent with the AHS and U of C mission, roles and goals
3. Provide, at the request of the Department Head, such materials from the Foothills Medical Centre as is required for reports
4. Coordinate the performance review process for Inpatient section psychiatrists, Consultation Liaison, and Emergency psychiatrists along with the Clinical Medical Directors at Foothills Medical Centre.
5. Represent the Foothills Medical Centre at Departmental and University committees as required.
6. Attend Department of Psychiatry executive meetings and executive management team meetings
7. Facilitate open and effective communication between the Foothills Medical Centre and the Department of Psychiatry and other disciplines and departments
8. Work collaboratively with Clinical Medical Directors responsible for service delivery for psychiatric inpatient, consultation -liaison and emergency programs across at the Foothills Medical Centre
Applicants must have AHS Privilleges.
Dr. Valerie Taylor
Dept Head of Psychiatry
1403 29 St NW, Calgary, AB T2N 2T9
Email: [email protected]
|Location:||Canada Alberta Calgary|
|Salary:||Excellent Remuneration and Benefits CAD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.